Welcome to Cancer Center of South Florida Foundation
The Cancer Center of South Florida Foundation, Inc. is a Florida not for-profit corporation. It has been established exclusively for charitable, educational, and scientific purposes. In brief, the primary goal of the Foundation is to improve the quality of life and the longevity of individuals in South Florida diagnosed with cancer.
The Cancer Center of South Florida Foundation, Inc. is a Florida not-for-profit corporation. It is seeking a 501(c)3 exemption from the Internal Revenue Service. It governed by its own Board of Directors.
- Conducting clinical trials of leading edge cancer therapies. The knowledge gained through these trials will help advance the development of effective therapies. In addition, these trials will enable patients to receive promising experimental treatment at no cost.
- Educating patients and families about the genetic risks of cancer, and provide them with treatment options plus early detection and prevention strategies.
- As part of a broader public outreach initiative, the Foundation will implement support programs for cancer patients and their families during diagnosis, treatment, and recovery.
- Conduct community education seminars and disseminate information to the public about actions that can be taken for the early detection and prevention of various types of cancer.
- Arrange for the appearance and presentation of speakers for the public on various educational topics concerning the prevention, early detection and treatment of various forms of cancer.
- Make available to local physicians Continuing Medical Education that will provide them with access to updated clinical trial results and current standards of care being provided at leading institutions.
- Offer patients undergoing cancer treatment complementary therapies -- such as acupuncture, rake therapy, and massage therapy -- to ensure they have access to a holistic approach to care.
- Provide services and programs to improve the lives and treatment of patients with cancer in the South Florida community, improve availability of and accessibility to advanced cancer treatments, establish and operate a cancer treatment center that integrates various effective therapies, participate in and support innovative cancer research initiatives, expand educational programs about cancer treatments, and implement support programs for cancer patients and their families during diagnosis, treatment and recovery and to enhance their quality of life throughout these stages of the cancer experience.